Greenhouse vegetables and greens: features of the supply and demand in Moscow region
Results of trade retail and consumers field surveys in a segment of fresh vegetables and greens
The purpose of carrying out this research is comparison of fresh vegetables and green cultures sales proposition, and consumer preferences at greenhouse production choice. As geography of field surveys the capital region including Moscow and Moscow area is chosen as the most indicative and commercially attractive local market of nonseasonal vegetables, salads and spicy greens for many Russian industrial and farmer greenhouses.
Field surveys include:
- personal interviews - polls of Muscovites which are finding out features of consumer behavior and preferences upon purchases of nonseasonal tomatoes, cucumbers, pepper, eggplants, salads sheet, spicy greens. And also here are factors promoting growth of amounts and a regularity of purchases
- results of the trade audits in a segment of greenhouse production booked monthly during 2015 - 2017 in the leading network shops of the Moscow region.
Conclusions by results of the retail offer and the consumer demand comparison contain short recommendations to suppliers and producers in the protected soil on forming of own production sale's strategy, assortment and price policy, and also sales channels and promotion methods.
The complete version of a research consists of 56 pages of the A4 format (Arial 11 font), including 32 charts, 2 tables and 12 applications. It is possible to look at a demo-version of work here.
1. Change of amounts and structure of greenhouse vegetables and greens market in Russia for 6 years
2. Structure of greenhouse production consumption in the Russian Federation in 2016, thousands of tons
3. Structure of the interviewed target audience on age, %
4. Structure of the interviewed target audience according to the social status, %
5. Structure of the interviewed target audience according to the income in a family (on the family member in a month), %
6. Structure of the interviewed target audience on a regularity of greenhouse vegetables' purchase), %
7. The share of the interviewed target audience on age which is constantly buying greenhouse vegetables and greens, %
8. A share of the interviewed target audience according to the income on the family member, often or regularly buying greenhouse vegetables and greens, %
9. The range of greenhouse production purchases by Muscovites during off-season, %
10. Structure of typical purchase of nonseasonal production (on weight) in the Moscow region, %
11. Place of typical purchase of nonseasonal production by Muscovites and residents of the area, %
12. The main criteria of nonseasonal production choice, called by buyers of Moscow and area, %
13. Consumer preferences of fresh vegetables and greens by origin, %
14. Consumer preferences on packaging of greenhouse vegetables, %
15. The importing countries of greenhouse vegetables and greens which are most often found in trade retail of Moscow and Moscow area, %
16. The most known brand of domestic manufacturers of greenhouse vegetables in Moscow and Moscow area, %
17. Consumer preferences by types of greenhouse cucumbers, %
18. Consumer preferences by types of greenhouse tomatoes, %
19. Consumer preferences by types of sweet pepper, %
20. Consumer preferences by types of sheet salads, %
21. Consumer preferences by types of spicy greens, %
22. Importance of the criteria promoting increase in demand according to consumers, %
23. Average quantity of line items of fresh vegetables in Moscow network retail on seasons of 2015-2017.
24. Average quantity of line items of fresh greens in Moscow network retail on seasons of 2015-2017.
25. An import share in line items of vegetables and greens in Moscow in April-2015, April-2016 and April-2017.
26. An import share in line items of vegetables and greens in Moscow in July-2015 and July-2016.
27. Geography of greenhouse vegetables' deliveries to the Moscow region in January-2017 and April-2017.
28. Geography of greens' deliveries to the Moscow region in January-2017 and April-2017.
29. Structure of tomatoes and cucumbers packaging types in a retail of Moscow in January-2017 and April-2017, %
30. Average prices on vegetables and greens in network retail of Moscow in January-2017 and April-2017, rubles/kg
31. The Russian greenhouses - suppliers of fresh vegetables to Moscow in January-2017 and April-2017.
32. The Russian greenhouses - suppliers of salads and greens to Moscow in April-2017, %
1. Average retail prices on fresh cucumbers in a network retail of the Moscow region in April-2017 (in recalculation for kg)
2. Average retail prices on fresh tomatoes in a network retail of the Moscow region in April-2017 (in recalculation for kg)
1. An assortment and retail prices on fresh nonseasonal vegetables and greens in a network retail of Moscow, January, 2017. Results of field surveys (trade audit)
2. An assortment and retail prices on fresh nonseasonal vegetables and greens in a network retail of Moscow, April, 2017. Results of field surveys (trade audit)
|Information on a research||4|
|1||Introduction. Features of the Russian market of greenhouse vegetables and greens||6|
|2||The analysis of key consumer segments of greenhouse production market (the characteristic, the consumption amounts, major factors influencing a segment)||10|
|2.1||Main characteristics of Target selection||10|
|2.2||The characteristic range, structure and the place of nonseasonal vegetables and greens purchases in Moscow and area||14|
|2.3||Main criteria of the choice and preference of consumers||16|
|2.4||Consumer preferences by origin production||18|
|2.5||Consumer preferences by types and grades of vegetables and greens||19|
|2.6||The main criteria influencing demand amount in a segment of greenhouse vegetables||22|
|3||The range of the offer and consumer prices of fresh vegetables and greens in a network retail of Moscow and Moscow area in 2017||24|
|3.1||The range of greenhouse vegetables and greens in networks||26|
|3.5||The Russian greenhouses – suppliers of greenhouse production in network retail of Moscow and area||38|
|4||Conclusions. Balance of the consumer demand and sales proposition||41|
|4.1||The revealed consumer tendencies||41|
|4.2||The revealed tendencies of sales proposition in retail||42|
|4.3||Recommendations to producers of greenhouse vegetables and greens||44|